Monday, June 6, 2011

Clarinet and saxophone players; what kind of reed are you using, and why?

     Someone once told me a long time ago that reeds are like underware; very personal. I don`t think reeds are so personal we can`t talk about our favorite brand(s), but I do think reeds are personal from the standpoint of us as clarinetist and saxophonist finding our artistic voice. I have to say on tenor saxophone  the Rico Royal - #3 is my personal favorite.

     I enjoy the Rico Royal because it is for my money the most consistent, enjoyable, reliable, and trustworthy reeds I have played. The Rico Royal works well in classical, jazz, and vernacular music styles, as I said, the Rico Royal is consistent!

     Rico Royals are reeds that are products of Rico Reeds, which is a division of D`Addario & Company, Inc. The Rico Royal is one of seven classical tenor saxophone reeds produced by Rico. Characterist of the Rico Royal  is its traditional French filed cut for increased response, especially in the low register of the saxophone.

     That`s my choice, but what is yours? Post your answer in the comment section of this blog, and please, join my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment