Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Christian Talent Showcase In Fort Lauderdale, Florida

     If you are in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area on Saturday, May 28, 2016, you may want to check-out the Christian Talent Showcase & Artist Awards. This event is reminiscent of my musical performance experience in talent shows. I got my start participating in an informal talent show in elementary school, before I began playing clarinet. We did this as a fun activity in our elementary classroom, and of course I did an instrumental music routine; without an instrument. In high school playing saxophone with the Unique Experience Band, we were the back-up band for various acts participating in our area high school talent show. I was also asked to participate in talent shows when I was a band director at the Cherry Hill School of Performing Arts, in Inkster, MI. For two years I participated in our staff talent show, and won both years; after all I was band director.

     Talent shows are valuable for fellowship, and enjoyed by those who participate, and those who watch. For some, talent shows could discover talents of individuals that would never surface without such an event. Talent show discoveries do happen! A talent show could start an artistic or musical career, and be justification for making a career choice in arts and entertainment. Anyone with talent in music, dance, spoken word, comedy, storytelling, drama or acting, with a passion to entertain should consider entering a talent show. Not just individuals, but groups and ensembles may participate to gain experience.

     Again, if you are in Fort Lauderdale, FL, I urge you to attend Christian Talent Showcase & Artist Awards, by Finally Famous Productions, on Saturday, May 28, 2016, from 5:00 - 10:00 pm, at Delevoe Hall, 2520 N.W. 6th St., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311. Go to www.Skylacaldwell.net, or call (954)549-6065, or by email at Skylatalent@yahoo.com for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment