Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Keith Gamble - Woodwind Music Lessons 2012 Spring Recital

A Little Spring In Your Step


     Put a little spring in your step and come-on down to the International Institute in Detroit for my spring recital, hosted by young pianist Lakyra Flowers, and her family. Our recital will begin at 4pm. The International Institute is located at 111 E. Kirby, Detroit, MI 48202, in the American Room.

     Lakyra Flowers has been studying piano with me for just over one year, and has already participated in the Metropolitan Detroit Musicians League Student Recital series, and Student Achievement Test, where the judge in her comments said "Wow"! Our 2012 recital will be Lakyras` second performance with Keith Gamble - Woodwind Music Lessons. Young pianist Lakyra will perform a piece from composer Catherine Rollin, and Lakyra and I will play a piano duet together.

     Also performing on the program is my former clarinet student Kenseye Fort. That`s right, I said former. I am sad to say that, but for selfish reasons. Kenseye was a wonderful student who was teaching me as much as I was teaching him. I greatly enjoyed the caliber music exercises and solo pieces Kenseye was playing, and I was fill with pride to say "Kenseye is a clarinet student of mine". As all teachers know, at some point we have to let go. However, I am also filled with joy seeing Kenseye Fort blossoming as a fine clarinetist, and respected musician, and human being. At the recital Kenseye will perform the works of Beethoven, Hindemith, and Poulenc. Joining Kenseye Fort will be clarinetist Joshua Pittman.

     Our May 27, 2012 recital is going to be a wonderful display of music, and I urge all to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment