Monday, January 31, 2011

End of the Line For Creative Tradition

     That phrase, "end of the line" is used quite often in the Billy Wilder film Double Indemnity as the dramatic triangle goes bad. This is not the case with the performance poetry/avant-garde jazz ensemble Creative Tradition, but as of the week of January 23, 2011, Creative Tradition is no longer a performing ensemble. Due to the low volumn of performances, it was decided by urban folk poet Wardell Montgomery Jr., and I to disband Creative Tradition.

     Wardell and I will go our seperate ways  as artist, but we are continuing our friendship, and love for our respective arts. I will be calling upon Wardell to join me in various avant-garde jazz projects where he will provide spoken word in selected compositions, and I am hopeful that Wardell will call upon me from time to time.

     Those of you who are Creative Tradition fans, or supporters of performance poetry, you can still pruchase Creative Tradition`s CD - Do I Have To Live Like This. You can purchase your CD from Wardell Montgomery, or myself by emailing me at keithgamblemusic@comcast.net. You can also go to Street Corner Music at 26020 Greenfield, in Oak Park, MI. I do urge you to get a CD, because once they`re gone that`s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment